Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reigniting the Eagerness

I've had quite a creative day today.

I revised my first draft of a short story for my creative writing seminar tomorrow, and I'm quite pleased with the way it's going. I can tell that it needs a lot more work, but it's at least good enough to get some criticism and feedback from the group.

I've also read a lot more of On Writing, going through it with a highlighter. Whilst it pains me a little to mark up a book, I've found it very useful, and have managed to read and highlight about 150 pages in the past two days. It helps that the book is just so easy to read and get into.

Reading the book has made me eager to start writing. But I'm controlling myself and won't start until I've finished going through the book. It's full of useful information that I can't wait to implement.

The first time I read On Writing it reignited my desire to write a book. Rereading it has done so again. It has also made me realise that I ought to submit some of my work to magazines or competitions. I'll do some research into writing competitions and such things, and hopefully get some of my writing into print, perhaps even with a monetary bonus as well.

Determination has struck again.

No comments:

Post a Comment